Saturday, February 14, 2015

Independent Artist In Chicago

Take A Rip of This!!!!!!
Chicago is home to a really complex Independent music scene as well as alot of major artist and labels. With the roster including artist such as Chance the Rapper, Kanye West, and Chief Keef, their are so many different aspirations expressed in the music made by this city's natives. One of the reasons for their success are simply people like me and you. Chicago is also home to a diverse large amount of people, who all share one thing in common they love music. And with the advances in technology that one has to connect directly with their fans, especially the ones in their city, labels are rarely needed for an artist to reach their maximum potential. All over Chicago where ever you go you'll find that the people mainly only listens to artist from their city. There technically is a large enough selection, of artist from this city alone for you to never have to listen to someone outside of the city again to find what you're searching for. I believe that with the accessibility to have a studio a lot of artist are finding being independent way easier then signing to a label. As well as being able to have the freedom to sell your merchandise and basically do anything you want to do as a artist. I believe in the coming years were going to see a rise of independent artist putting out music, and it's only right, because labels have been exploiting artist ever since they found out it was possible. I commend you artist to go innovate new ways to get your music out the the public, the world revolution has yet to start, but the revolution of music has just begun.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100%. I always tell everyone I know thats trying to get signed to just do it by yourself. With a record deal you literally gain the world and lose your soul because you're their puppet and they can do what they want with your music and talent.

    ReplyDelete

What Do You Think???